Cassava has various benefits for the human body, so cassava is often used as a substitute for the staple food, namely rice. The following are some of the benefits of cassava for the human body.
- Increase energy, because cassava contains carbohydrates, So cassava can be a good source of energy for those of you who are going to undergo strenuous physical activity.
Physical activity will deplete glycogen, a form of glucose stored as an energy reserve.
When you eat cassava, carbohydrates will be converted into glucose, then converted again into glycogen and stored in the muscles. So, the benefits of cassava to increase energy cannot be underestimated.
- Prevent constipation, since cassava also contains fiber. Cassava contains a fairly high amount of resistant starch. Resistant starch belongs to the type of insoluble fiber rich in cellulose.
This type of fiber is very useful to help smooth digestion so that it can prevent constipation.
- Controlling blood sugar levels, because the fiber in cassava slows down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. In addition, the fiber content brings the benefits of cassava to help lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels, lower the risk of obesity, and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Meet the body’s mineral needs, because cassava contains quite a lot of mineral sources such as calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, and potassium. This mineral is necessary for the development, growth and carrying out the functions of body tissues.
- Meets the needs of the skin, because cassava contains vitamin C which is known as an important substance in the formation of collagen. Collagen itself serves to maintain skin elasticity.